Thursday, July 8, 2010

Trash and Treasures


This morning, as I was on my way to the hospital several dead plants and containers caught my attention. As I continued on my way I begin to think about how I could use those containers in the greenhouse for starting seeds and transplants. So I wheeled around for another look! As I approached again I changed my mind and then at the last second I noticed this beautiful tall Japanese Maple sitting with the garbage to be tossed into the dump. I immediately turned around and pulled into the driveway. I went to the door of the house to ask if it was OK if I took their "trash" (ie. beautiful maple tree). As I loaded my new found treasure, some neighbors pulled up, and of course they were looking a me kinda funny. I went over and asked if the containers were trash, and they assured me it was. I explained... I don't normally do this but could use the pots in my greenhouse. I also plan to refurbish several of the containers to use on a regular basis. I guess ones trash is anther's treasure

1 comment:

  1. And here I thought I was the only dumpster diver!! :)

    ReplyDelete