Monday, June 28, 2010

African Violets




African violets are one of my favorite house plants. I have just recently transplanted this one and moved it to the kitchen table in the bay window. It has been here in this spot for about 8 weeks. Since then it has been blooming constantly. Since this one has done so well I was inspired to transplant the others and move them to the table also. I water them when the soil is almost dry, which is about every 5 days of so. Also on occasion (once a month or when I think about it) crush up chewable Flintstones vitamins and mix in the water. My newest violet was just transplanted about a week ago. I purchased it from the distressed discount plant shelf from Lowes for 50 cents. It was in good condition except the soil was very very dry and the blooms were dead and crusty. Now it has perked up and growing beautifully. The surprise will be its color!

2 comments:

  1. Grannie would be so proud of you! You have the touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was given a Violet just like the one in the picture above. But it had no tag. What can you tell me about it? What kind, name?? if anything. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete